quarta-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2024

Gardening With Grace And Gratitude

 Gardening is a hobby I've always admired from far. I enjoy looking at the plants and flowers and admiring their spectacular colors, bright vivid colors, and all the lush green leaves, the tender baby leaves we want to gently touch and smell their flowers with unforgettable fragrance like The Lady of The Night which is a small tree or shrub with a purple small flower that fades away into pale and smells so sweet after six in the evening. At night their flowers are fluorescent.

My grandmother had snake plants, and my mother had ferns in their living rooms. I sometimes helped water them. In Gratitude and Grace, they release my favorite smell on Earth which is the smell of wet dirt. It is definitely one of the most satisfying smells that makes my mouth water and almost want to taste it.

It wasn't until lately while working at The Home Depot in Garden Center, that I had the chance to get in touch with an enormous variety of plants and so many customers interested in plants asking me all kinds of questions or teaching me all about the favorite flowers for the bees, Monarch butterflies, and hummingbirds. I was so curious about all that stirring around the fantastic world of gardening that I started to search for answers, in our app, in other words, on our work phones we had quick access to all kinds of learning from all departments and games which I found so cool. I've learned so much and thought that for the first time, I could have my own little garden. I now have a collection of house plants including snake plants, fiddle leaf figs, croutons, and palm trees.

A green thumb is something we all possess and is easy to take care of the plants with a little Google search and by admiring the plant and watching it grow. Usually requiring very low maintenance, they require a little water every week and some light just placing it by the window.

For outside plants, I enjoy Lantanas and zinnias, during the summer, and during the winter the pansies are my favorite. Pansies flowers have a painting on their petals that looks like an angel with open flying wings. Shakespeare mentions pansies in his Midnight Summer Dream poem:

."I fell upon a little western flower; Before, milk-white, now purple with love's wound and maidens call it 'love-in-idleness'.Fetch me that flower; the herb I showed thee once. The juice of it on sleeping eyelids laid Will make or man or woman madly dote  Upon the next live creature that it sees. Fetch me this herd, and be thou here again Ere the levithan can swim a league'

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário