sábado, 15 de setembro de 2018

New language, new challenges

I moved to the USA in February, 2017.

I have family here so it has been easier.

Since i am learning the English language, the culture, the rules, relationships at work, i chose the public library to help me with English books and literature.

I am reading lately fairy tales for children in English. I read it for the first time The Snow Queen, The Nightingale, and The Little Mermaid by Hans C. Andersen. I cannot believe i haven't read them before, they are so joyful precious reading.

I really enjoyed this book too: American Accent Training by Ann Cook it has 6 audio cds so it's awesome.

I just read yesterday The Frog Prince by Brothers Grimm which i really enjoyed  it's so much very funny.

I have a very strong English accent, we still speak Portuguese among ourselves at home, so yes, but i plan to speak English as clearly as possible which that is the one of my biggest challenges, but don't you agree with me that challenges are like gifts very well wrapped so that we have to unwrap it to see what's inside so that it's like what move us forward with curiosity. I am really excited.

Someone said to me after a quick dialogue: "I can understand you well.", Other said: "mamn i'm sorry i can't hear you." Others just look at me with the most disappointed face, that is why i recommend the American Accent Training.

That's all for now. I'm so glad to write here again, have a great weekend!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário